Driving Lessons Guisborough – Part 1
Click here or call 07838166663 to start driving lessons in Guisborough
Thanks for taking the time to look at our guide Guisborough Driving Lessons – Part 1. We’re here to help you sail through your driving test by highlighting the top ten reasons people fail.
We’ve found over the years that focusing on these ten main mistakes has improved test pass rates, so it’s worth a read.
Our information comes from not only hundreds of witnessed driving tests but also information given from actual driving examiners.
Anyone wanting a heads up of what to expect on the day, read our full guide to passing your practical driving test.
So let’s move on to the faults. In reverse order, we start our top ten reasons for failing a driving test with article 1 –
10. Reverse Parking Control
What’s reverse parking control?
Reverse parking is either Parallel Parking or Reversing into a Parking Bay. For students taking driving tests near Guisborough, the examiners should only ask you to do one maneuver.
Most of the test fails for Reverse Parking Control are for Parallel Parking, so let’s start there.
Reverse Parallel Parking
The parallel park is without doubt the most feared of all the maneuvers. It’s not just going to test your clutch control skills and steering but also your all-round awareness. The main reverse parking control fails are due to the following –
- Hitting the curb too hard (little scrapes or nudges should not fail you but may result in a minor fault)
- Mounting a curb, ending up on the pavement (be careful some curbs drop and you can’t feel the car rolling onto it)
- Swinging the car into the gap and being too close to the car in front
- Moving off after the maneuver and nearly hitting the car in front
- Reversing too far back to complete the maneuver (further than 2 car lengths maximum, including your car)
Although not quite as daunting as the parallel park, the bay park can still cause problems. Don’t let it catch you out! Look out for the following problems –
- Missing the bay (if you do miss carefully pull back out and have another go)
- Reversing into curbs, walls, posts, etc
Driving Lessons Guisborough – Part 2
Look out for our next article coming soon on the top ten reasons people fail a driving test. Number 9 is a response to signs and road markings.
If you have any questions please feel free to answer in the comments section below and an experienced instructor will get back to you. We also like hearing funny stories you may have reverse parking. So go for it!