Creating Positivity On A Driving Lesson
To begin with lets have a look at Creating Positivity on a Driving Lesson through a concept called –
Solution Focused Coaching
Our story began a few years ago via a friend who was involved in a coaching programme set in a completely different genre to the driving lesson.
After working through the full process together and having a bit of a dig around ourselves we found that –
(A) Firstly this was really useful in the context of a driving lesson
and also –
(B) Some Driving Instructors were already using this technique.
We snatched it up with both hands and into our tool box it went!
Origins of Solution Focused Coaching – Creating Possitivity On A Driving Lesson
Solution Focused Coaching actually dated back to as far as 1978 and originated in a therapy centre in Milwaukee U.S.A. Generally speaking it was first used in psychotherapy and coaching as an alternative to problem orientated techniques.
That is to say it moves the client towards a a positively framed desire of a future outcome.
Many of our clients involved in solution focused coaching on driving lessons around Middlesbrough frequently described this approach as –
- A more efficient way of learning to drive
- Feeling as though they were more involved in the lesson
- That they received messages on lessons more effectively and had a better memory of them
What Makes This Style More Positive
I’m sure you would agree that looking at things as a problem already starts things off a bit negative. A problem may suggest someone may have to accept blame. Not a great way to reduce resistance on a driving lesson.
Its important to realise that resistance can reduce the instructors ability to help a learner driver reach their goal. To clarify it can shadow their true opinion or reality of a situation.
In other words – we try to direct the lessons energy in a positive way by aiming the learner driver at the solution as apposed to a problem.
Can Solution Focused Coaching Sway Someone Into Making Transformational Changes in Their Lives
Focusing on solutions coupled with –
- looking forward to the future and not dwelling on the past
- Asking powerful questions and not offering as much advice
- Finally Guiding the client in their own goal setting
The idea is to energise a learner drivers lesson by swaying a driving lesson towards a positive vibe. This can effect –
- Helping a students motivation
- Improving an instructors recommendations (more work)
Great Questions To Create Positivity On A Driving Lesson
Lets have a look at some of the questions we like to use to direct focus on a future solution rather than a past problem
- What would you like to achieve by the end of this session
- If you think of your driving on a whole which areas do you feel need work
- By the end of this session what will make you feel you have progressed
- If you could change anything what would it be
Get Started Creating Possitivity On A Driving Lesson
If your desired goal is to be more immersed in a Driving Lesson, to be given freedom and also be free to make your own way to becoming road legal then –
Solution Focused Coaching and a joint relationship between you and your driving instructor may be the way forward for you.
With a little careful planning we think all the subjects needed on your driving lessons can be delivered in a solution focused coaching approach.
Our coaches and trainers are ready to help you get the best results you can by coaching you directly.